Have you ever wondered how life differs in your country from hers? When your Ukrainian bride comes to live with you, she will find a number of differences between your countries, but also many ways that the two places are the same. We checked sources online to find a few statistics about the differences between life in Finland and life in Ukraine.
If she lived in Finland:
- She could make five and a half times as much money in Finland as in Ukraine. Average income in Ukraine is just under €4800. In Finland, it is about €26,000 a year.
- But, she’ll be 77% more likely to be unemployed.
- She could spend six times as much on healthcare.
- And, live 10 years longer. Life span in Ukraine is an average of 68 years; in Finland it is 78.
- Despite being far north of Ukraine, Finland’s climate is remarkably similar. Warmed by the Gulf Stream and many inland lakes, temperatures in Finland can get up to 35 C in the summer; this is about the same as Odessa, which borders the Black Sea. However, winters in Finland are, on average, colder than those in Ukraine.
- About two-thirds of Ukrainians and Finnish people live in cities; so, the chances that you two live in a similarly urban environment are pretty good.