Life in your country and in hers can be very different. Besides the cultural differences, there are differences in climate, economic prospects and other areas. We scoured the web, and have found a number of facts and figures that demonstrate some of the contrasts.
If your lady lived in Ireland instead of Ukraine:
- She could earn 6.6 times as much money a year. In Ireland, average annual income is a little over €31,000 a year. Average annual income in Ukraine is just under €4800 a year.
- But, she could also spend over 7 times as much on healthcare.
- And, she’d be about twice as likely to be unemployed.
- She could live almost ten years longer. Average lifespan in Ireland is 78 years, while in Ukraine it is 68.
- She’ll live in a community that is having almost 50% more babies. Ireland’s birth rate is 14 per 1000 per year, while Ukraine’s is under 10 per 1000 per year.
- She’ll be enjoying a milder climate. The winters in Ireland rarely get below freezing, which contrasts with the severe weather experienced in Ukraine the last few years. And, summers in Ireland are not overly hot, with highs of 19 C instead of the 25 C you can experience in coastal Ukraine.