The differences between your home country and hers can seem enormous – culturally, geographically, and in other ways. But, there are also ways that life in Japan and life in Ukraine are similar. For instance, family is very important in both Ukrainian and Japanese culture. And, since sushi is a favorite for many Ukrainian ladies, you may even have a couple of favorite dishes in common. But, of course, there are differences as well. We checked a number of resources online to show you the contrasts through a few simple statistics.
If your sweetie lived with you in Japan:
- She could make five times as much money. Average annual income in Ukraine is just over ¥600,00 a year; in Japan, it is ¥3 million.
- She’d be slightly more likely to be unemployed.
- She could live almost 14 years longer. Japan, with an average life expectancy of 82 years, has one of the highest life expectancies in the world. The average life expectancy in Ukraine is 68 years.
- She’d be living in a country with the same sorts of geographical variations in climate. Japan is sub-tropical in the south, but cold in the north. In Ukraine, the coastal areas are balmy, but climates get cold as you near the Carpathian Mountains.
- She’d be around people having slightly fewer babies than in her home country. Japan’s birthrate is about 20% lower than Ukraine’s.